Video Challenge Rules
Each month, for six months, eligible participants in the Net Connectors Video Challenge will automatically be entered to win:
- One 8GB Apple iPod Nano with Multi-Touch (available in a variety of colors), valued at $149.00 US.
At the end of six months, eligible participants from all six Net Connectors Video Challenges will automatically be entered to win:
- One 16GB Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi (available in black or white), valued at $499.00 US.
To be eligible, each participant must create and submit their Net Connectors Video Challenge on pic.tv/netconnectors/challenge. Participants may submit their entries any time before the current challenge ends, which is clearly marked on pic.tv/netconnectors/challenge.
The winning video will be selected by the Net Connectors team, from the 5 most “liked” video entries.
One Economy Corp. (the “Company“) is conducting monthly contests in which six Apple iPod Nanos and one Apple iPad 2 will be awarded to Eligible Contestants per the criteria listed below (the “Contest”). By participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Dates of Contest: The Contest will be comprised of a series of monthly video challenges commencing on August 12, 2011. The deadline for entering each month’s video challenge will be clearly marked on pic.tv/netconnectors/challenge.
2. How to Enter: To be eligible, each participant must create and submit their Net Connectors Video Challenge on pic.tv/netconnectors/challenge. Participants may submit their entries any time before the applicable challenge ends, which is clearly marked on pic.tv/netconnectors/challenge. Paticipants’ names and entries will be published on the pic.tv/netconnectors site. When uploading your video, make the “Title” in the upload form: “Net Connectors Challenge #___” (make sure you use the correct challenge number). Maximum video file size: 100MB. Most file formats are accepted, including .3GP, .AVI, .DV, h.264, .MPEG2, .MPEG4, Quicktime, .WMV. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How the Winner Is Picked: Each month, the winning video will be selected by the Net Connectors team, from the 5 most “liked” video entries (The “like” button is the “thumbs up” button found on each entry page.) Decisions of the contest judges are final. The Net Connectors team will determine the winning video based on the following:
- On topic/Clear presentation/Easy to follow (80%)
- Audio/Video quality (10%)
- Creativity (10%)
At the end of the six challenges, one iPad 2 will be awarded to a randomly selected eligible participant from any of the six video challenges.
Winners will be notified by e-mail.
4. Odds: Odds of winning one of the monthly iPod Nanos or the iPad 2 vary depending on number of entrants.
5. To Claim Prize: The winner must claim the Prize within 30 days of receiving notification of being selected the winner. If a winner cannot be contacted from the information provided on his/her entry registration form, within 5 days of the contest end date, or if the winner chooses not to accept the Prize, the Company may in its sole discretion either select another winner or opt not to award any prize for that month. Proper identification is required to claim the prize (valid driver’s license, passport, state ID, or military ID or school ID). Prize will be sent to the address specified by the winner.
6. Prizes: For each monthly challenge there is one (1) prize which is an Apple iPod Nano valued at $149.00 and, at the end of six months, there is one (1) prize which is an Apple iPad 2 valued at $449.00 (the “Prizes”). The Prizes are non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and not exchangeable for any other prize.
7. Eligibility: Participants and winner must:
- Be a US resident
- Be between the ages of 13 and 23
- Own all rights to the content of the video entry submitted
- Winner assumes all liability for use of the Prizes.
- Only one entry per person, per monthly challenge.
- Employees of the Company and members of the immediate family (spouse, child, sibling or parent) of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win.
9. Delivery Disclaimer: The Company disclaims all liability for (i) the inability of a participant to complete or continue an entry due to equipment malfunction, or acts beyond the Company’s control (ii) entries not received due to technical difficulties or transmission errors and (iii) mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on the Internet or any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest. Company also disclaims all liability for damage or loss to the Prizes which occur after the Prizes leave the Company’s possession.
10. Publicity: By registering for this Contest, where allowed by law, each participant and winner grants the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
11. Release: By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any damages, injuries or loss to person or property which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of the Prizes or any other prize.
12. Taxes: Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes and fees associated with any prize. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
13. Conduct and Decisions: Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions shall be final. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Company.
If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by a participant or any third party to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Company reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
14. Miscellaneous: The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as posted on the website. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest.